Welcome
Welcome to creatrtips

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Bed adhesion

TUTORIALS ONLY- After you're all set up, a new world awaits. If you get frustrated, read here. If you still have questions or problems, post in the appropriate forum.

Re: Bed adhesion

Postby Ribanski » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:24 am

Hi,
This is all very nice, using all kinds of stuff to hope the filament sticks to the bed. Its not consistent, its trail and error.
The only thing that realy works and is used in industrial printers is a material called Ultem 2300. Problem is that is realy expensieve and in the Netherlands hard to get. Because of all kinds of patent regulations its not used in the consumer FFF printers.
Grtz Ribanski.
Ribanski

Have thanks: 0 time

3DLac: Bed adhesion

Postby Arno_Millenaar » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:02 pm

I have been testing this stuff now for a while and can only say its a MIRACLE (!). http://www.3dlac.com/ The only exception is still Nylon that still requires UHU to stick. Everything else sticks 100% and in many cases you will not even need a skirt anymore. I know people who now even set the bed temperature at 35 to 40C, however I still prefer to sit close with my Bed temperature to the Tg (glass transition temperature) of the filament.

I was able to buy it at reprapworld.com in the Netherlands for 5.98 excluding VAT/BTW. Its not on their website as they will not ship it international due to restrictions on shipping hazardous goods. However according the website of 3DLac they have several other distributors in different countries.

Have try and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Rgds, Arno
Arno_Millenaar

Have thanks: 52 time

Re: Bed adhesion

Postby lapon2046 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:26 am

Hey all! Just wanted to share my experiences with bed adhesion. I am using the print sheets, but have bought some PET film with an adhesive backing. What I do is use some Simple Green all-purpose wipes, which seem to have a mild abrasive in them, on the PET sheets then wipe them down with a wet paper towel and then a dry one. I'm printing PLA at a bed temp of 60C and my problem is too much adhesion. If I dont pull the part off just after it cools, I need to use a razor blade and work my way around the perimeter slowly to remove it. But they come out looking good on the back side, its not mirror smooth but is very flat.
lapon2046

Have thanks: 0 time

Previous

Return to Beyond "Getting Started"