Welcome
Welcome to creatrtips

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Running it all on Linux

Windows, OSX, Linux. Cause sometimes is your magic box that sucks..

Running it all on Linux

Postby arel » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:39 am

Hi. I got my creatr yesterday. Apparently it should be like 30 minutes setup when running Windows. Not. It still is not running the day after. The challenge is apparently a windows driver that needs to be downgraded. Instructions were found on the lpfr homepage. But all attempts to avoid the driver causing the problem fails on my W7 machine. I posted a question on the lpfrg forum, waiting for a comment. Actually when i ordered the printer I posted a question about running it all in Linux (Mint), that was 33 days ago, no answer to that. Then I found the creatrtips.freeforums.org today and started searching. I would really rather spend time getting it all running on Linux and forget Windows. From what I understand it should be possible to run it all in Linux (Mint/Ubuntu). Are there any descriptions available? I have the software (Arduino +Repetier and other stuff) running on my Mint computer. But I guess I miss / need some setup files or something for the creatr. I am new to the 3d printing stuff so I have some challenges sorting it all out. Any help to get the printer running is welcome.
arel

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Running it all on Linux

Postby arel » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:20 pm

After extensive internet search and trial and error I got it all running in Linux Mint 16. Took some hours, but I probaly learned a lot. So up and printing 2 days later. I should document all steps when I set up my Production Linux Box.
arel

Postby eddy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:44 am

please install guide for Linux mint 16 with leapfrog creatr thx
eddy

Postby arel » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:06 am

I have completely changed my setup from the start.
I run openSCAD, FreeCAD and Simplify3D on my Linux Mint 17.1 box.
The Creatr is now controlled by a Raspberry Pi bow running Octoprint Server.
I do all slicing with Simplify3D and upload all gcode using Octoprint WEB interface in Firefox.
I can then start and follow my prints from any PC / Tablet or phone connected to my home network.
It gives me a standalone 24/7 factory. It can run for days and days this way.
arel

Return to OS Support